The ghost town of Celleno antica is located about 350 m above and 1.5 km from new Celleno (province of Viterbo). Uninhabited since 1951, it is positioned between two rivers that flow into the Tiber, on a spur of tuff rock that is being progressively eroded.
Entrance to the borgo is from piazza del Mercato, from where the staircase of via del Ponte leads to porta Vecchia. The old entrance gate leads directly onto the historical centre of Celleno - piazza del Comune – and, gathered around it, the Orsini Castle, the parish Church and bell tower of San Donato with its clock and the ruins of the Church of St. Charles.
The borgo is set in rural territory, characterised by the mix of agriculture that is typical of the Tuscia area: with plants (cereals, vines) and trees (cherry, olive), alongside green pastures used for grazing.